15 Things Every Twenty Something Girl Should Have In Her Home
I recently moved into my very own big girl apartment built for one. Even though living alone for the first time is an adjustment I couldn’t be happier. As boxes were unpacked, décor pillows were fluffed and dishes were placed on the appropriate shelves things started to finally feel like a home. I’m a firm believer that your space is a reflection of your state of mind. If you’re living in a well-decorated space, statistics say there is an 85% chance that you’re more likely to be happy and successful in other aspects of life. Ok, I absolutely made up that stat up but it got you thinking, right?!
Here are 15 things I think ever twenty something girl should have in her apartment.
- A dedicated workspace. If you are in a position where you ever work from home, you should have a designated home office area - even if it’s a tiny corner. Having a desk space will be much more productive than working on your bed or setting up shop on your coffee table.
- Nice hangers. Thin no slip velvet hangers are a complete game changer. They will keep your closet organized and more importantly make more room on the rack.
- A comfortable mattress. Let’s be honest, you spend a ton of your life in bed. Do yourself a favor and splurge on a nice mattress.
- A small tool kit. #IndependantWomen all joking aside, having basic tools is essential.
- Printed Photos. I know this seems like a completely archaic concept but take the time to print photos of your loved ones. It add a little touch. (I always use walgreens.com to print my photos – quick and easy)
- A living thing. Whether it be a succulent or a dog – it’s great to have little life in your home.
- A flea market find. A unique piece will never compare to anything you find in a big home furnishing store.
- A beautiful area rug. Make the investment! A good rug makes your space feel inviting.
- A scented candle. My favorite scent is vanilla. What’s yours?
- A piece of art. The price tag doesn’t need to break the bank. What’s important is that YOU love it.
- A set of wine glasses. Say your final goodbye to red solo cups (I miss you college) You should have enough glasses to entertain. I came across inexpensive ones from IKEA that will do the trick. Cheers!
- A bottle of Champagne. No matter the reason, big or small, there is always something to celebrate. Cheers!
- A matching set of towels. Purchasing matching bath towels is a huge adult step, I know. We can get through this one together.
- A food processor. Confession: I still have yet to buy one but my mom tells me it’s life changing and she’s always right so, adding it to the list.
- A reliable vacuum. Thanks, mom.