Chat With Chels: Blogging 101
Hi beautiful! I love your blog! I had a question on how you become a successful blogger! I would love to look into trying to start one, even if it a baby blog – ha! Do you have any advice?
Blogger at heart
Dear Blogger At Heart,
I love this question! To be very honest, I have learned as I’ve grown. Looking back at my blogging journey I was absolutely not prepared enough to hit publish however trial and error has been the best learning tool for me. Two blogging lessons I hold to be true are that consistency is key and that what works for another blogger may not necessarily work best for you. With that being said keep your eye on the prize and know that it’s imperative to try a few different things until you find your sweet spot. Now, onto logistics. I would sit down and ask yourself the following questions:
1. What will you specifically write / post about?
2. What blogs do you seek inspiration from?
3. Will your blog post incorporate your friends and or family?
4. If the answer to the above is yes, will you be comfortable setting those boundaries?
5. What will the name of your blog be?
6. Is that domain available?
7. Do you want to be the face of your brand or remain anonymous?
8. How do you envision the blog aesthetics to look?
9. Will you create the site or will you need to look into hiring a graphic designer?
10. What is your strategy for attracting readers and followers?
Once you have an overall vision and defined audience begin to backend content and set a launch date. Even though it’s over the top exciting to embark on a new journey know that the nerves are also normal! Keep true to yourself and your blog will reflect that. Set goals for yourself and know that each bump in the road is there to make the top that much sweeter. Sending you the best vibes! Can’t wait to see it all come to life for you!